The Fitness Advisory - from Joey Atlas

Proper Mindset + Wise Nutrition + Smart Exercise = Fitness Success For You

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

'Secrets of a Trainer'

- Fitness Motivation E-Newsletter
Published by Joey Atlas - The Wizard of fitness
____________________________________________

This issue is short but powerful.

Three years ago I was looking for someone to build one website for me - to advertise my personal training services to my local community. I never thougth about doing it myself because I was horrible with computers in school and I barely got by with my grades in any computer class I took.

So building my own site was not even an option.

Several 'interviews' and several months go by and I still have nobody who I feel can do the job at a reasonable cost.

One morning I bump into a former client who happened to be pretty tech savvy - long story short - we ended up trading services - I trained him & he built our website for our training facility. He did an incredible job (thanks, Marc!)

Three years ago, putting together my own series of fitness DVD training packages was just a dream that I would fulfill maybe 8 or 10 years later. Not because I didn't know what to put on the DVDs - but because I was 'afraid' of the challenge, the uncertainty, the unkown, the costs involved, etc.

I also knew that to produce my own DVDS would mean I would have to spend alot of money to get the websites built for each product - becasue Marc just did not have the time to do this amount of work - and additonally I would need the ability to work on, modify or improve my websites at a moments notice.

Something hit me one day - as I was coaching a client - I was trying to get her past the same exact issues that I was going through - it was just in a different context. She had many psychological barriers preventing her from moving forward in her quest for total fitness and likewise I was allowing the same type of psychological barriers to prevent me from doing the things I wanted to do - achieve the goals I wanted to achieve.

It was a big wake up call for me.

So I sat down and started to map out - with pen and pad - the things I would need to do to accomplish my goals (one of them being to reach people all around the world with my fitness knowledge and programs - to help get people fit properly and permanently).

I had to face my fear of computers and programs and decide how I was going to conquer them. I did that by sitting down - logging on the the 'net' and doing research. Many late nights - some of them with no sleep at all - and many weekends spent indoors (when my wife and kids let me) - was the time I used to learn what I didn't know - to learn what I was afraid of.

This is quite condensed - but in short I learned how to build my own websites - I learned how to use the programs to support my website sales and everything else that goes along with my online existence (like these emails) - I never thought I could master this stuff - EVER!

And I know there are many people who are this way with their fitness levels. Uncertain, unsure, scared to try - afraid that they will fail - afraid they will find out 'they are not meant to be a fitness person'. Even people who are somewhat fit may be uncertain if they can be as fit as they really want to be - to reach their full potential.

Well, I'm here to tell you - you can do whatever you truly want to do. If I can produce 6 DVD fitness dvd training packages, build seven webites and master the technology to suppport what goes on 'behind the scenes' - all in less than 2 years...

then you can also achieve any goal you have - you just have to commit to yourself that it is something you truly want - then the obstacles become nothing - you simply blast right through them - sometimes with a little effort - but you get there.

Now sit down with pen and pad and start writing your life script - what do you want to achieve and by when do you want it to happen.

If any of its fitness related - I'll be here when you need me. If you happen to know some of it is fitness related then go take a look at this site I just finished it may be what you are 'wishing for'.
http://www.TheBeforeAndAfterProject.com

Also if you want to learn one of my favorite upper body toning and strengthening exercises ( and learn about my latest DVD training package) go to:
http://www.UpperBodyFitness.com

Don't Be Like Everybody Else...
Be Fit!
Joey Atlas

1 Comments:

  • At 11:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Joey, what a great analogy. Three years ago, HTML and CSS were such horrific things to consider. Now I'm almost like a pro, or at least a decent hobbyist. And in learning this stuff, I've discovered really cool things that I can do that I never thought were pertinent to me.

    Looking forward to being fit!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home