The Fitness Advisory - from Joey Atlas

Proper Mindset + Wise Nutrition + Smart Exercise = Fitness Success For You

Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Before And After Project - Step 4

Who is this for??

I thought it would be fitting to address the question posed above in this step, Step 4.

Although this 'B & A Project' is filled to capacity - I've been getting emails from many people asking 'Is this for someone like me?'.

Some of these people have gone on to explain:

- "I've never exercised before and I really want to get fit and in great shape - Am I too new to fitness to be a part of this project - to get into your book?"

or

- "I've been into fitness my whole life, and most people would think that I am fit, and I am, but I've never really achieved the goals that I want to acheive - I still think I can be in much better shape - Is your Before/After Project for a person like me or only for people who are really out of shape?"

And I've also received inquiries that would fall somewhere in between the 2 above.

The ultimate answer is - "The Before And After Project is for anybody who wants to improve - not just the physical part of fitness, but the other dimensions as well."

So, it doesn't matter where you are starting from - the key is that you admit to yourself that there is room (and true desire) for improvement AND you acknowledge that the potential for improvement is exists - just waiting to be tapped into.

So for all who are 'in the journey' - I'm going to lay out a strategy that I've personally used in the past, along with many friends and clients - to successfully create a mindset and physical environment for guaranteed success. - and here it is...

One of the biggest 'tricks' I was taught as a teenager (going into my first competition for MR. Teenage Buffalo), by my father, (who, currently, is the busiest 60 year old Personal Trainer in Greenwich, Connecticut) was to schedule your actions - actually put them on a calendar - just like you would anything alse - that is of extreme importance to you.

As a reinforcing tool to your 'journal' - the calendar allows you to 'SEE' your plan - to see what actions will be coming up for you to fulfill. A truly helpful tip for this was to use a few colors - not just black or blue ink.

For instance - you get a monthly calendar to use only for this purpose. Using red for exercise - green for food - black with highlight yellow for oncoming 'challenges' that you will neutralize (and how you will neutralize it) - before you are in the midst of it. IE - a family gathering where food is the focus, etc.

So, I leave you with this as your action plan for the next few days (in addition to what you are doing). Set your sites on Sept. 11 (that date has a lot of meaning for us - it can be our way of paying (more) tribute to it - never forgetting it.)

Mark that date on your calendar - not as an end date for the 'B & A Project' BUT as a beginning date - the beginning of your new approach to 'YOU'. By that date you will have made huge strides in your approach to multidimensional fitness - and from then on you will continue to move forward on your fitness journey as it becomes a part of your life AND WHO YOU ARE - not just something you do...

We have about 12 weeks - 80 something days - give or take. Anyone doing this and being true to themself will make tremendous progress - it can't fail.

Keep your journals going and make those calendars - create your own version - there are several ways to do this - do what works for you. Lay out your 'action plan' all the way up to Sept 11th - on that day - you can write in "Send my 'Before And After Package' to Joey Atlas". - so the second you write this down - it becomes your reality - it is in your schedule - IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

Special note - write notes in your journal - such as questions - uncertainties - anything you are not sure of - just write it down - maybe create a seperate section of your journal to recored these types of entries - whatever it is - just record it. Often times - your answers come to you when you don't expect it - BUT - you have to send out that energy that you 'want to know the answer' or you want some direction.

Remember - life is all about balance - neglecting yourself creates an imabalance that not only hurts you but all of those around you.

As always please excuse the typos and feel free to send any emails you wish.

Be Fit!
Joey Atlas
Your New Trainer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home