The Fitness Advisory - from Joey Atlas

Proper Mindset + Wise Nutrition + Smart Exercise = Fitness Success For You

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Fitness Review of 2006 - The Meaning of Fitness


Fitness Review of 2006 - The Meaning of Fitness...


This time of year is always a great time to look back and reflect
on your life. As 2006 comes to an end and 2007 arrives (I realize
many readers may be on a different calendar - but the principles
are still relevant and applicable) I find myself focused on what
I've learned about fitness through interaction with so many
people all over the world, so many of you - my clients and
subscribers.


Regardless of age, 'fitness level', exercise experience, goals
and challenges - fitness success is a crucial element in 'balance
of life'.


When one's fitness has been neglected - a dangerous imbalance is
created and the consequences of this are evident around us every
day. The aging process is accelerated, illness is prevalent and
the state of optimal health has no room to grow - so, compromised
health is the result.



On the other end of the spectrum - fitness can be overdone - and
as a result - a different imbalance is created, resulting in many
of the same consequences. When 'fitness' becomes an all consuming
obsession it becomes destructive. Self-destructive and also
harmful to those around you. This is the exact opposite of what we
are trying to achieve through a fitness lifestyle.


I've realized that finding a natural balance of fitness in daily
life for many people is just as much a challenge as just finding
'the right program' - this has not been hard or me to pick up on
as it was one of my major challenges in life.


Many of these factors affect and are affected by each other - not
just on the physical level but even more so on the mental and
spiritual levels. When thoughts affect your actions (which is 100%
of the time) we realize that state of mind and thought processes
hold the keys to how your life unfolds and what you are able to
achieve in various aspects of our life.


The meaning of fitness is about finding balance in your
expectations of yourself and how you go about manifesting those
goals and expectations. For most of us, 2 and a half hours in the
gym is not realistic nor would it be 'health promoting'.


Nutrition is a critical element in helping us remain in a state of
'fitness balance' which is, by the way, a part of the definition of
'fitness success'.


Fitness success is not an end result - its a state of being.


Ponder this & answer the question - Who is experiencing 'fitness
success'?:


A sedentary mother of two, who has never exercised, is about 65
lbs overweight, low on energy & self esteem and realizes the best
thing she can do for her family is to start taking care of herself.


She starts exercising 30 - 40 minutes per day and paying attention
to her choices of food and beverage intake, making healthier
choices and making note of calories.


Each day she is making progress and feeling healthier, stronger
and 'sexier' - even though she has many pounds to go before her
health is in balance.


A male fitness/muscle fanatic spends over 2 hours in the gym, after
working from 9 - 5, 6 days per week. Spends hundreds of dollars
each month on 'muscle formulas' and various supplements. By most
peoples standards, he is in great shape. In his own mind, he is
fearful for what would happen if he cuts back on his workouts and
doesnt eat protein every 2 hours. In short, his 'fitness' rules his
mind and his life - instead of making it better and enhancing it.


Who is achieving 'fitness success'?



In 2007 - Aim for 'balance'. Its what life is about. But don't wait.
Start today - start working on your thought processes & your state
of mind by thinking proactively and not leaving your fate up to
your very impressionable subconscious.


Take control of your subconscious by being more conscious of your
thoughts and actions. Draw up your plans, gather your resources,
combine the 2 and get moving. Create your version of 'fitness
success' and your entire life benefits.


Happy New Year (for all who are celebrating it) and thank you
for reading what I write and sending your success stories
and feedback.


Lots of incredible stuff in store for 2007 - the first project,
the Official Interactive Joey Atlas Membership Site, will be
announced very soon - and in the context of the article above
the main focus on the new site will be to bring you fitness
success AND balance at the same time.

Need some inspiration? Read these:

Hi Joey,

My sister & I have been using your fitness DVDs 3-4 times, I must say I'm very
happy and pleased with your products, I feel a difference! Before I started
working out I was not fit at all, so I have to take 2-3 days off between
every workout. But I continue doing them as soon as my fatigue wears off, and
I'm always excited to work out your way, because it's not as complicated as
the fitness work out classes in my local gym, but it feels better! And when
I check in the mirror, it is as if the cellulite seem less! Already! All in
all your work out method makes me continue with staying fit, and it also
makes me think twice before I go wreck a healthy eating routine. I combine
your DVD (level 1) with another work out DVD (Flat Stomach - Strong Back)
and this gives me what I need.

So thank you for the time you spent on getting to know the body, muscles and
work out theories, and sharing them with the rest of the world (to an
affordable price!), I know it's gonna do wonders for my self esteem, and my
husband is just gonna love that!

I wish you and your loved ones a merry christmas and a happy new year, once
we get that far :o)

Greetings,

Mehtap and Selma
Denmark
_____________________________________________________________

Hey Joey

My name is Joseph Ward the one Kathleen Ward bought the DVD's for.
I have been using the DVD's that were sent and feel I must compliment you on
a job well done. This is like gold dust to anyone who picked up lower back
or epically groin strains (sprint interval training six months ago ran into
a pothole you can guess the rest).

I just got back from a trek to the Himalayas and to get back into training
that didn't involve hours on treadmills is a god send.
I got the ultimate upper body DVD's as well because I lost all my upper body
strength and bulk through endurance training and cant wait to get back to
normal.

Thank you for some of the best workouts I have seen in a long time and I've
seen a lot (used to be a gym instructor years ago)

Yours in training
Joseph Ward
Harbour Road
Ballinasloe
County Galway

_______________________________________________________________

Hi Joey,

Just wanted to let you know that I am really happy with your DVD. Yes I
have been using it & it is really changing my shape!!!! Although I wasn't
overweight, I have never been able to shift weight from the thighs, to
achieve a look I was satisfied with. My hubby & I walk 50mins everyday & I
was working out another 40 mins about 5 days per week. I just couldn't
believe my shape couldn't change with all that. But since I've been doing
your dvd I've finally found POWER to achieve my goal. Thank you soooo much.
Knowledge of the right exercise is certainly the key!

I also really like the way there is no music on the dvd, it seems more like
a personal training session that way.

I've ordered the abs dvd for my hubby for Xmas & I've also ordered the
upper body one for tips on my arms.
- Can't wait to receive them.

Thanks again, Jenny from Australia
_____________________________________________________________________

Be Fit !
Joey Atlas - The Fitness Shaman
http://www.JoeyAtlas.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home