The Fitness Advisory - from Joey Atlas

Proper Mindset + Wise Nutrition + Smart Exercise = Fitness Success For You

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Fitness Self Destruction

When it comes to the practice of fitness, I like to observe the
habits of others. It's extremely insightful and this helps me refine
my coaching and teaching methods. (True masters never stop
learning.)

Anyway, since I moved into the new Atlas International
Headquarters location a few months ago - it has given me an
opportunity to get my own workouts in at some of the public
places in town here. One of them being the YMCA.

On rainy days I'll do my cardio indoors - usually treadmill
intervals or jumping rope mixed with treadmill sprints. During this
time I make it a point to observe what other people are doing and
at the same time, try to guess what their goals are. A fun exercise
that does highlight some of the problems in the fitness industry.

The more I watch the more mistakes I see. Mistakes ranging from
lots of wasted time to risk of severe injury. Very poor/dangerous form,
inappropriate use of certain exercises, machines and/or weights...

This I've come to expect and accept, for now...
- but sometimes I'll see
something that is totally over the edge and ridiculous. Such as
someone using the lat pulldown machine with way too much weight
and slamming the weight stack on the way down as the user gets
jerked up out of the seat and then leans way back while jerking the
bar back down in a sloppy and fast manner. Crazy, but true...

And this is just one example - it literally never ends...

It still intrigues me as to how people are allowed to join a fitness
center and just go workout on their own if they choose to do so...

This is one of the top factors in the Fitness Failure Epidemic. I will
be highlighting several others in my book, Fatness to Fitness, when
we release it in early 2008 - and most importantly, I'll be teaching
you how to sidestep these 'obstacles' and avoid self destruction
along with a host of other
powerful strategies and techniques to help you achieve permanent
fitness success.

If you have any friends, family members or co-workers who will be
able to benefit from this book - please forward them this email and
they'll be able to sign up for early notification of the book's release
via this page on my main website:
www.TheBodfather.com/Joey_Atlas_Blog.html

- Remember this book will be accompanied by several valuable bonuses,
one of them being a f-r-e-e home exercise dvd - 'Foundational Fitness'.

Stay tuned for 'Fitness Stories From Around the World' - we have a
bunch that we need to get out to you as they have been piling up...

Don't Be Like Everybody Else... Be Fit!

Joey Atlas
PS - I've been getting requests for producing a few exercise e-books,
as some of our overseas friends are adverse to ordering physical
products (dvds) because of shipping concerns, etc... - I'm planning
on releasing 2 e-books in 2008 along with "at least" 2 new dvd series,
resistance band training and dumbbell training. Also, the current plan
is to have Fitnessjuice(TM) ready for release in late 2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home