The Fitness Advisory - from Joey Atlas

Proper Mindset + Wise Nutrition + Smart Exercise = Fitness Success For You

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Fitness Questions Answered



Your Fitness Questions Answered...

1) "Joey, I am allergic to wheat and glutens - what advice can you give or resources can you direct me toward to help me manage my nutritional needs and challenges?"

Having done some research on Celiac Disease - I am familiar with certain aspects of your challenge. My first suggestion is to see this as a blessing, because you will naturally have to stay away from many foods that are simply 'not good' for most people in the long run. Your diet will have to be 'cleaner' - lending to better overall long term health and fitness.

In my research, I found one resource to be most helpful:


The Essential Gluten Free Guide

When you get to the site look in the left column - you'll see a sign up link for the free newsletter - its a good one - and the e-book is incredible.

2) "Joey, I just found out I am pregnant - what suggestions do you have for fitness during pregnancy?"

While I am very successful with post pregnancy fitness programming - I have always 'proceeded with caution' when asked for fitness advice during pregnancy - and almost always, I have referred women to consult and coordinate with their OBGYN.

I understand many women are frustrated or just not satisfied with getting fitness advice from their OBGYN and on that note I would direct anyone interested in this topic to a fantastic resource:


Mom's Fit Pregnancy

Its a must have for any women who is planning on becoming pregnant or who is pregnant.

Enjoy,

Joey Atlas

Best Fitness, Nutrition and Workout Advice


2 Comments:

  • At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you. I have tried to find a way to reach you.
    Everything was successful. I am happy for all those women who feel good about themselves when they have their goal.
    So, I need to ask a simple question.
    Is there any closed captioning on the videos/dvds?
    Thanks

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Joey Atlas said…

    No CC yet - Sorry.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home