The Fitness Advisory - from Joey Atlas

Proper Mindset + Wise Nutrition + Smart Exercise = Fitness Success For You

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

How to Shock the World

What’s the easiest way to shock the world?

One person at a time.

No matter what you do or what your passion in life is – the most powerful way to share it with the world is one person at a time – and in most cases it’s the only way to do it.

This is the way my websites and newsletters are designed. …to speak to the individual and build a relationship.

This is so powerful that it even works on people who may have known you for decades. Here’s an example:

We got an email last week with the question:

“Is that you Joey Gennusa?”

Those of you who have been getting this newsletter for a few years already know that my birth name is ‘Gennusa’ – Atlas has become my professional/pen name.

[for those that are curious - read this: Joey Gennusa]

Short story is, a longtime friend, Chrissy (we basically grew up together with our families being very close – and they still all keep in touch) was doing some research on the ‘net' for specific exercise info – and ‘by chance’ she came across one of my sites – but didn’t realize right away if it was the Joey she grew up with. Hence her email to see ‘if it is me’.

We told her it is – and she was ‘shocked’, surprised and happy to know that I am spreading knowledge that I have been developing over the last 20 years – I asked how she was doing and here is her response:

“Joey...in January I started a 12 week body transformation at Gold's Gym. Tonight is the half way point and I have to get measured and weighed in.

I lost 12 lbs already and realistically have 15 more although I would like to do 20 more. I go to the gym at least 5 times a week and have a trainer once a week. It is really getting expensive

Do you think I need to continue with a trainer? I really have to lose this weight. I was gaining so much weight so fast so I went to the doctor and was told that my glucose was high and I was borderline diabetic.

She said that it can be controlled with diet and exercise. I'm eating great and have so much energy and actually look forward to going to the gym. I love taking the "Bodypump" classes. I'm afraid that I won't do the right things if I give up the trainer.
What do you think?”

--The key to Chrissy’s question is in this statement,” I'm afraid that I won't do the right things if I give up the trainer.”

Here’s my answer – not just to Chrissy – but anyone who is in this type of situation…

If your motives are based on your values and fueled by your desire to take good care of yourself – for all the reasons I write about:

- Being the best you can be for your family.
- Being as productive as possible at work
- Wanting to be around when your kids have kids (being around, and full of vitality, for your grandkids)
- Setting the priceless example (for your kids, nieces and nephews) of protecting the gift of life you’ve been given.
- Reversing diabetes (and any other conditions that can be fixed) and preventing the long list of ailments with proper nutrition and smart exercise.

This list can be longer, of course – but you know where I am coming from.

If we read the question closely – its not about keeping ‘the trainer’ for instructional purposes – as Chrissy points out that she has made great progress – mostly via her own efforts. She is referring to the element of outside accountability in the form of a trainer.

When our thoughts and motivations are coming from the right place – we can easily internalize the accountability factor and in effect ‘become our own trainer’.

Remember that phrase - ‘become our own trainer’ – I talk about it much more in my book, ‘Fatness to Fitness’ which is coming together very nicely – stay tuned for the official book launch – its going to be amazing.

As I mentioned last week – there is A LOT going on behind the scenes here at Atlas International Headquarters – most of it geared toward helping you achieve permanent fitness success of the ‘whole body’ - i.e., body, mind, spirit (it’s all one).

Stay tuned for this week’s ‘Fitness Stories from Around the World’ - you’ll be getting it in about 2 days.


Don’t Be Like Everybody Else…

Be Fit!

Joey Atlas

1 Comments:

  • At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am a 37 year old mother of 2. I have never weighed over 120lbs, except when I was pregnant, and have always been in pretty good shape. About 3 years ago, I started lifting weights and working out and got in the best shape of my life. Then I fell and bruised my ribs and couldn't work out for a while. I lost my motivation, but now I am working out again. I did have very toned sexy legs, but now the skin on my legs is loose and saggy, nothing I do seems to help. Do you have any suggestions?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home