The Fitness Advisory - from Joey Atlas

Proper Mindset + Wise Nutrition + Smart Exercise = Fitness Success For You

Friday, August 18, 2006

Fitness Celebrity Attacked

Here is this week's issue of 'Secrets of a Trainer'
Published by: Joey Atlas, M.S. - Exercise Physiology


'Fitness Celebrity Attacked' - this is a headline that you may very well read in the near future. But I'm going to decrease the chances of this becoming a reality right here, right now.

You see, whenever you take your destiny into your own hands to guide your life toward a big goal or goals - there are always others who want to bring you down out of pure envy, jealousy or hatred - or even just the fact that they are not taking the same kind of action themselves (envy).

If you've ever come up with an idea that was out of the norm for you or the people around you, and you talked about that idea with others - it is highly likely you would hear responses such as 'Oh, that won't work.' 'Oh, that's not a good idea.' 'Oh, your such a dreamer.'

People who choose to live healthy get this kind of stuff all the time - when out with friends and ordering dinner for example - the fitness minded person who orders a meal that is in line with their goals is usually bound to receive some sort of mocking.

I'm getting a little off point here...

The more you succeed in life the more you become a target of criticism, gossip and verbal (sometimes physical) attack. People will look for, and sometimes conjure up (start rumors) dirt about the person who they want to harm.

So, as you are well aware that I've already planned out my roadmap to become a world recognized fitness leader/celebrity (this only happens by helping ALOT of people, and it is happening everyday), you can bet there are already people waiting for me to get to a certain level so they can start firing away.

One of the things I can assure you they will use as ammunition is the subject of my name, Joey Atlas. But it is going to be a non-issue, because I will set the record straight in this email and I will permanently record it in my official blog for the world to see, forever.

Joey Atlas is my real name - my real professional/pen name.
The last name was given to me by my first personal training client, Mike Letis, a true marketing genius in the world of TV and sports (he is responsible for turning The Breeder's Cup into one of the biggest horse racing events in the world).

When I first started working Mike he asked me, 'Where do you see yourself in 15 or 20 years, professionally?' My answer was, 'Helping people around the world achieve fitness, like Jake or Tony Little, but with my own distinctive style, personality and methods.'

He said 'You just came up with your professional name that is going to help you achieve that goal. Your last name is Atlas for 'the world' - Joey Atlas - Joey who helps the world.'

He knew that word of mouth is a big part of anything that becomes wildly popular and famous - and a good, easy to remember, say and spell name is a key element in fostering word of mouth business growth and development.

Ever since that day, I've been using Joey Atlas as my professional and pen name - and the strategy has worked extremely well.

So, I 'm sure you are wondering, 'What is his real name?' - what you really mean is, 'What is his birth name?' (They are both real names - one is my birth name and one is my professional/pen name.)

My full birth name is Joseph Gennusa - that is whats printed on my birth certificate.

For some this may be easy to pronounce or remember - but for MANY, and I mean MANY, this last name is hard to pronounce, spell and remember. Not good for people who want to tell their friends, family and associates how they've been helped by me and my fitness products and services.

So there you have it. Now, even though I'm putting this into the public arena - you can bet, in a year or two, when I'm on the world stage (In a much bigger way than I am now.) - someone is going to try to make a big deal out of this and 'cause me harm'.

No sweat - I'll just tell the world to go the Official Joey Atlas Blog and read about my announcement on this very day.

As always, please excuse the typos.

And stay tuned for a few more emails from me this week, including Step 8 of 'The Before And After Project'.

Don't Be Like Everybody Else...
Be Fit !
Joey Atlas
http://www.absofstonecoreofsteel.com/AbsOfSteelMainPage.html
http://www.butthipandthighmakeover.com/wst_page2.html
http://www.upperbodyfitness.com/upper_body_workout_main.html
http://www.optimumflexibility.com/Main_Flexibility.html
http://www.AthleticLegsForMen.com

1 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Joey...isn't it sad that people have jealousy and envy over such "petti" things. It is people like them that if they turned their anger into positive energy they would be surprised at how they could be in a big position of helping others out too not to mention at how good they would feel from doing it.
    I use your products and read your information all the time and I find that your products "do work"
    and your information "is" interesting and knowledgable to read. You on many occassions have given me that push that I need from getting out of a rut when in one.
    Well I guess that you can think of it as a compliment to you when those people try to attack you in the ways that they do or would because people never get jealous when someone is doing something bad or wrong. Let's just hope that when they do write something negative about you that they sign their name so that we know just how little they are and who it is that is doing it.
    Take care and keep up the good work !! wee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home